I did say I wanted to post these Patreon admin posts on the 28th of each month, but I’ve got a book coming out February 28th, so I’m posting a few days earlier. If you haven’t seen my previous Patreon posts then you might need a catch-up. If you have, then skim this bit and jump to the update (ongoing) below.
I set up a Patreon page in January this year (with a few sneaky posts from December 2022 when setting it up). I’m useless at Facebook and social media, and I run foul of algorithms all the time, meaning that it’s a rat race trying to get eyes on one’s work. It feels like everyone wants to be seen, and everyone wants to be a star.
I get that. I really do.
But I also want to write more stories, and having a Patreon page where readers can choose to subscribe, support, and follow my work is a means of doing just that.
It’s early days, but I am constantly adding content, with more content schedule to “drop” on different days.
And now the update of what you’ll find on Patreon at the moment*, with more on the way:
- The Big Thriller Project #1: Chapter 1 (Joel Bay/Thriller/1,088 words/Behind the Scenes PLUS)
- That Western Story (Western/3,253 words/Behind the Scenes PLUS)
- Prehistoric Projects (Science Fiction/2,510 words)
- The Butcher of Burrowsfield (Crime/2,484 words)
- The Greenland Dog Club Magazine (Nonfiction/2,355 words)
- The Glove (Maratse+Petra/Crime/100 words)
- The Big Thriller Project #1: Prologue (Joel Bay/Thriller/1,096 words/Behind the Scenes PLUS)
- Series Four (Havoc/Thriller/3,128 words)
- Imaannarmi (Petra/Science Fiction/2,330 words)
- Life’s A Peach (Silke Auer/Crime/3,702 words)
- Hello Darkness (Maratse/Crime/5,291 words)
*And the tally of words so far, because words are my business = 27,067 plus videos and personalised texts.